To submit your editorials for publication, send your work to [email protected]
Please attach only LOW RES photos, no zipped files, no wetransfer, no external links, we will not open them.
Successful submissions will be notified via email within 5 days. We try to reply to all submissions.
Currently, we consider material only for online. The next print issue will be in 6 months.
Please read the below before sending us material.
- The material you send us, should be relevant to the visual style of the site. Please, no contemporary studio sets.
- The material you submit must not have been published before.
- Editorials should consist of a series containing 7 to 12 images, featuring different looks for us to select, minimum 4. To save editing time, you could send the material to us for a selection and edit only the images that will be published.
- We ask for full-size images. They will be downsized depending on the media platform used at the time.
- Attach the credits in a separate word document, including everyone involved with the content as they would like to be credited (especially when nudity is involved) and any portfolio sites the participants have.
And the very important legalities:
- You must be the copyright holder of the content you submit to us and by doing so, you assert that you are the copy-write owner of the content.
- All persons depicted must be 18 years and over and you must own the written permission of them and/or representatives in order to publish the images. Again, take care when nudity is involved and make sure the persons depicted are aware of it.
- By submitting your material, you grant us the full consent to publish your work in any media possible related to the scope of The Forest in perpetuity (including but not limited to print, online, social media, broadcasting etc). The copyright of the images still lies in your possession, they are your images. However, we, as licensees, are allowed to use content, in addition to the digital platforms and print, in publicity features regarding The Forest magazine in any and all media, advertising/promotional material regarding the scope of The Forest only, ie we will never license or sell your intellectual property to others, if we receive such a request, we will forward it to you.
To offer an example, we may choose to promote The Forest with an advertising campaign and in such a case, your content may be used.
You agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from any liability, damages and fees whatsoever, arising from our use of the material you submitted and you accept full responsibility for your actions (e.g. If you submit content without the consent of the photographer or of the persons appearing in the content).
We will not be held accountable for any breach of privacy or violation of any rights of publicity/likeness, and any possible breach of any possible right, due to the publication of material you have submitted to The Forest magazine. We do not remove sets once they have been published.
In simple words, if you submit to us a set without having obtained proofs of consent of all parties involved, you take full responsibility for any claims or liability, damages and fees, associated with the publication. Eg, you submit a set without the model’s consent, he/she demands it to be removed and threatens with legal action, if it reaches that point, you are responsible for any liability, fees and/or damages she may claim.
In the digital era, characterised by the very fast dissemination of information, please make sure you have obtained consent for publication for The Forest and that the credits are correct. If something is shared in social media, keep in mind that it is very hard to delete its traces.